LEAP 2024 will take place over spring break, Monday March 25th-Thursday March 28th. Applications are due January 26th. If you have applied in a previous year and were not selected, we encourage you to apply again this year!
The Spring Break Law Experience and Advising Program (LEAP) is a four-day immersion program coordinated by the UW-Madison Center for Pre-Law Advising (CPLA) in collaboration with SuccessWorks in the College of Letters & Science and other campus-community partners. LEAP is designed to help undergraduate students explore their interest in pursuing a career in law. Apply for this FREE program and learn more about law school, what it means to work as an attorney, and broader career opportunities!
LEAP includes extensive advising support as well as programming like trips to local law firms and courts, visits to UW Law School and Marquette Law School, and networking opportunities with area professionals, UW alumni, and UW staff. Participants will learn from practicing attorneys and policy professionals, law students, UW career advisors, and others, about different types of law, career development, the law school application process, and how to determine whether becoming a lawyer is the right path for you. One of the goals of LEAP is to help broaden student awareness of career paths, including and beyond law school, that may help them reach their professional goals.
SELECTIONS CONSIDERATIONS: The program is designed to not only expose students to the practice of law and help them prepare to apply to law school in the future but also to increase equity in legal fields.
- Participants must be current UW-Madison undergraduates with an interest in exploring law.
- Participants should have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5, but exceptions may be granted based on extenuating circumstances or upward grade trends.
- Priority will be given to applicants who:
- Are committed to working towards greater equity in legal and related fields.
- Will significantly benefit from gaining more exposure to law fields and building related professional networks.
- Will help create a dynamic and inclusive learning environment.
Questions? Please contact Carley Gomez, at email@example.com.