Which Transcripts Should I Request?

You must submit transcripts documenting all academic coursework completed at the following types of institutions:

  • Undergraduate and graduate institutions
  • Community colleges
  • Law/medical/professional institutions
  • Institutions attended for summer or evening courses
  • Institutions attended even though a degree was never received
  • Institutions from which you took college-level courses while in high school even though they were for high school credit (different than AP coursework)
  • Institutions that clearly sponsored your overseas study, which means: (1) The courses received the sponsoring institution’s academic credit (not transfer credit); and (2) The course codes, titles, credits earned, and grades appear on the sponsoring institution’s transcript. Typically, these grades and credits are included in the sponsoring institution’s cumulative GPA.
  • International institutions, if applicable (see http://www.lsac.org/jd/applying-to-law-school/international-transcripts)

Further, transcripts must be provided for an institution even if:

  • Credit was transferred from an institution and it appears on another institution’s transcript.
  • The institution is closed.
  • Withdraw, incomplete, etc., are the only grades listed, or
  • You have just enrolled.

For additional information, visit http://www.lsac.org/jd/applying-to-law-school/international-transcripts